Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Lawns, Landscaping and Outdoor Decor
Reload this Page >

Trying to decide how to shape the strip of sinthetic turf

Old 10-24-11, 07:54 AM

I have a paver to the side of my house. The adjacent fence is installed on top of the 3' segmental retaining wall. I left a 15'x2' "dog run" strip right next to the wall for the piece of "astroturf".
Now I am not sure what is
a. correct way of doing this
b. more aesthetically pleasing
To run a piece of plastic bordering material along the wall and butt the turf against it or try cutting around the individual blocks and butt the turf against that.
Currently I have no bordering for paver on that side just a strip of volcanic rock between 1" and 5" depending on where it touches the wall.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Pictures are coming slooooowly
and here they are
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h2...024_074321.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h2...024_074345.jpg

Last edited by Newbie; 10-24-11 at 08:27 AM. Reason: adding links
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-11, 08:53 AM
Group Moderator
First, get more spikes into the edging for the paver patio. If it's bowing away it can't support the edge of the pavers and they may start to move.

As for the artificial turf I like the look of it going right up to the retaining wall blocks. It will be more difficult cutting and securing that edge but it's such a narrow strip of turf I think it would look odd to see edging and then another matirial (rock) next to the retaining wall. Also any loose material filling in the scallops next to the wall may find it's way into the turf making you curse every time you have to pick up rocks.

Old 10-24-11, 10:56 AM
Thanks

Thanks a lot Pilot Dane,

For the quick response and saving my sanity (questionable at times anyway) multiple times.
You know, as soon as i took that picture, i noticed that pulling away of the border, never noticed it before of course, because was not looking at it, or just blocking it out of my mind
The only reason I was considering that double border, was because of continuation of that lava rock without interruption. But I sure see what you are saying about constantly having to deal with those rocks and I doubt it will hold the loan as well as it hold (for now) the pavers.
Thanks a lot again and , would you mind to take a look at my pond post?
http://www.doityourself.com/forum/po...ature-one.html