None of my sprinkler zones are coming on

Old 11-03-11, 07:24 AM
None of my sprinkler zones are coming on

This morning before work I manually started my program and none of the zones came on.

I have 6 zones and it was on zone 4 while I was leaving. i went to see how things were doing and noticed none of the zones were wet.

I turned it off and went to work. What should i look at first?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-11, 11:39 PM
the first thing would be to reset the programing on the clock to clear any possible errors, then start checking the wire connections at the valves. it sounds as if you have a bad connection in the common wire at the first valve.

Old 11-04-11, 04:38 AM
Group Moderator
The title of your thread says none of the zones work but then you say that zone 4 came on? Are all the zones not working or did one zone come on? It's an important difference when trying to diagnose the problem.

Old 11-05-11, 04:18 AM
Pilot Dane,

None of the zones came on. The control panel showed it was on zone 4 with a few minutes left. However, no water was coming out of any zone.

mike1059,
I will try and reset the programming.
I tried to start just zone 2, and that would not start either. Even though it appeared to be running.

I also manually opened the first zone and third zones at the valve and water did come out.

Old 11-05-11, 04:50 AM
Group Moderator
It sounds like there is something bad with the common wire like Milke thought. If you're zone valves are outside it's probably at the connection in the valve box. It's probably the connection where seven wires come together (one wire from each valve and one from your controller). All the other connections probably have only two wires.

Old 11-05-11, 11:47 PM
it's also possible that if your running multi-strand wire and you have valves in differant locations that the connections you need to check in each valve box will be the one that connects all valves in the box and continues on to the next box. meaning one wire from each valve will connect to one wire and the other from each valve will connect to seperate wires.