Where Is Water Line Feeding Irrigation Zone Box?

Old 01-21-12, 07:42 PM
Where Is Water Line Feeding Irrigation Zone Box?

I am going to connect a well water line to my lawn irrigation zone boxes and today I turned on the sprinkler and shut off the house from incoming water and the sprinkler system went off due to no water. So I determined that the water line feeding the irrigation system comes from the house, not from a"T" in the main water line.
My question is, I have two zone boxes, one near the front of the house and the other at the rear of the house both on the east side of the house. I have to assume that a line comes from somewhere under or through the stemwall and I would like to know where. Is the water feed near the ground level zone boxes or in between the boxes? I would imagine that the water feed is near one of the boxes at the stemwall/foundation. Perhaps one of you that installs lawn irrigation systems has an idea??

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-12, 08:59 PM
Super Moderator
Should be a type of vacuum breaker near the foundation. From there it wiuld go to the zone boxes. The valve for the sprinkler should be in the home somewhere.

Mike NJ

Old 01-22-12, 05:21 AM
Group Moderator
That's one of the problems with irrigation systems. They can be done almost any way possible and there is no one standard way of doing things. First I would look for the lines directly between the house and your valve boxes thinking the installers took the shortest path. Also look at your property and think like someone installing the system. What would be the easiest way to get water lines to the valve boxes? It may not be the shortest path straight to the house. If there is an obstacle between the boxes and house figure that they went around somehow. You also have to consider where the water lines are located inside your house. If they are on the far side away from your irrigation boxes they may have trenched all the way around on the outside.

Old 01-22-12, 09:21 AM
I think the same people that built m house is building a house across the street and that house has a 3/4" line coming out of the foundation (slab has been poured) on the left side as I face the house. As you said, the shortest route and the easiest/cost free route. I figure that my water line that feeds the zone boxes is near the bath/shower that is on that side of the house. So it'd be near the middle of the house on the zone side. It's not that simple yet, I still have to find the PEX line and then I'll know where to direct the well line. I have some digging to do...

Old 01-22-12, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator
Where is your main shut off to the home?

Mike NJ

Old 01-22-12, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by lawrosa View Post
Where is your main shut off to the home?

Mike NJ
The main shut off is in the garage in the hot water closet. As I turned the water off with the sprinkler on, I could hear the water hissing as I turned it completely off.