Concrete lawn edging

Old 02-14-12, 04:52 PM
Concrete lawn edging

Hey everyone, first time poster and first time home owner. We have a pretty big yard, about 1/3 of an acre with lots of flower beds and other landscaping around the house that have mulch. I'm looking for a border plan or design idea to separate the lawn and mulch areas. I'm thinking of something like a continuous concrete "curb style" border. Not the separate bricks (I know grass and weeds grow between those with ease). Does anyone have any links or info to point me in the right direction. I'm pretty handy and would like to do this myself instead of spending a fortune to have a contractor come in and do it. Basically I'm thinking something like the first picture on this site: landscaping-borders I don't know how I should make the molds though. Maybe metal stakes with 1/4 plywood about 6" tall to form my concrete?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-12, 04:59 PM
Look this site over. They are not a diy place but they explain very well how they do it so you get the idea how it is done. Concrete Curbing and Landscape Borders - The Concrete Network

Old 02-14-12, 05:15 PM
Redwood bender board comes in 4" by 12' lengths at Home Depot or Lowes. Easy to work with and reusable if you clean it up well. In our area we have a service that comes out and they have a machine that extrudes the border. Looks like pool decking coving. Might be worth comparing when you are talking about a large project.

Old 02-18-12, 05:54 PM
When the town redid some of their curbs, they used pieces of thin plywood staked into the ground.