Dollar Weed Removal

Old 03-02-12, 08:30 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Dollar Weed Removal

Hi.. I live in Southwest florida and have St. Augustine Grass (also Floritam version in spots) and have a lot of Dollar weed starting in the lawn... I have tried atrizine (spelling ?) and that did not seem to work. Would appreciate any thoughts on how I can get rid of this stuff...

Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-12, 10:21 AM
Group Moderator
Received 53 Votes on 50 Posts
I don't know if there's something specific you can use since all my familiarity is with cool season grasses and leaves but up here we pour RoundUp into a cup and use a small paint brush to 'paint' the leaves of weeds with the RoundUp - makes a non-selective herbiced selective.

Old 03-02-12, 02:07 PM
Mitch17 had a great idea about putting the roundup in a cup and painting it on the weed. If you have as much Dollar Weed as I did, you'd be painting for a month! (The joys of living in the south) I did find a product that will spot kill weeds without harming the grass. I think it, too, was a Roundup product. It also has a colorant in it so you can tell where you have applied the product. We live in Georgia, and it has worked well on many types of weeds, including Dollar Weed. Just make sure that the label says you can use is on St. Augustine. Good luck!

Old 03-02-12, 03:21 PM
Group Moderator
Received 53 Votes on 50 Posts
A month? We have a weed grass around here we call bunch grass and the only things which will kill it also kills the grass you want.

Problem is, my backyard butts up to a farm field and the wind blows like nobody's business around here so the stuff is always coming back - I've been painting blades of grass for years

Old 03-04-12, 03:35 PM
Thanks

I have some roundup... so I will buy a small brush and start my new hobby... I may even sign the painting and try to have a showing at the local art store...