Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Lawns, Landscaping and Outdoor Decor
Reload this Page >

Please help! Re: Sprinkler system- one of my nine zones is not coming on

Please help! Re: Sprinkler system- one of my nine zones is not coming on

Old 03-17-12, 01:03 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Please help! Re: Sprinkler system- one of my nine zones is not coming on

I also tried to turn zone 8 on manually and it still won't come on. We are on a very tight budget and we'd sincerely appreciate any assistance with what the problem might be and how to go about repairing it myself. Thank you in advance!!!! (by the way, the valves were all replaced less than 2 years ago).

Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-12, 01:22 PM
Group Moderator
Received 298 Votes on 271 Posts
when you say you "tried to turn zone 8 on manually" do you mean that you went in the yard and unscrewed the pressure relief switch (the one the leaks a little water when it's turned open)?

Old 03-18-12, 09:43 AM
Thank you for your reply. Sorry if I didn't explain myself clearly (I was posting this for my husband and am not very mechanically intelligent/inclined- lol) ...since this was the first time he was using the sprinkler system this year he manually went through each zone from the Rain Bird controller, just to make sure that each zone came on...zone 8 was the only one that didn't come on. Any advice you are able to offer will be greatly appreciated!!! :^)

Old 03-18-12, 12:53 PM
Group Moderator
Received 298 Votes on 271 Posts
You should have a box in the yard that contains all the zone valves. It's where your wiring from the control all leads to. There should be little stem valves that you can manually turn, which will turn each zone on. Asuuming those work, you would need to test whether you have current at the valves as each zone is switched on from the control box. (voltmeter) This will help narrow down the problem.

Old 03-19-12, 07:00 AM
Thank you for this helpful information. I'll have my husband check this out!