Attaching landscaping fabric to cinder block

Old 04-06-12, 07:03 AM
Attaching landscaping fabric to cinder block

OK, we are at the final stage of filling our raised cinder block garden beds with soil.

We need to lay fabric inside the beds (2 cinder blocks tall), but I can not come up with what to use to attach fabric to the inner walls.

It's cold and wet outside. I need suggestion on something quick and dirty, as my vacation time starts running out. Quick and dirty as in - something that will hold fabric to the walls fast enough and strong enough for us to wheelbarrow soil in.

I am considering a glue of a kind, but those normally take hrs to become tacky enough and , also, like I said - blocks are cold and moist inside, glues do not like sticking to such surfaces.

Thank you. Need to get to this in about 4-5 hrs.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-12, 07:20 AM
clarification: furring strips out of question, gardener is absolutely against any sharp objects inside.

Old 04-06-12, 07:33 AM
Change in plans. We will not be brnging it all the way up on the walls. Can't delete post, so don't worry about this. Thank you.

Old 04-06-12, 09:55 AM
Sounds like a good move to eliminate connection the fabric to the block. Use an over-sized fabric and fill slowly making sure the area is filled well with soil and then trim the top edge to the specifications of your gardener. The weight and pressure of the soil will keep the fabric in place.

Dick

Old 04-06-12, 05:38 PM
Done. Gardener as in wife.