16-4-8 Fertilizer

Old 04-15-12, 10:56 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
16-4-8 Fertilizer

I need to find a nursery or other place that has either 16-4-8 or 12-4-8 fertilizer for my Zoysia lawn. I found a couple places but the shipping is about twice the cost of the fertilizer itself. I am in the northern virginia area so I'm looking for somewhere local to minimize the shipping costs.

Picked up a bag of 19-0-8 at HD. Closest I could find to the ratio I need. Guess the lawn won't be getting any phosphorus this year.

Last edited by mossman; 04-15-12 at 01:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-12, 05:29 AM
Group Moderator
Received 184 Votes on 171 Posts
You can try looking at farm supply sources like Southern States (I think they have a store in Manassas) or Tractor Supply. You can also search for feed, seed and fertilizer suppliers. Basically look more for places that supply to farmers.

Old 04-16-12, 09:58 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Perfect! That's exactly the type of place I was looking for. They have 16-4-8. Unfortunately, I already fertilized with an 18-0-9. How important is the phosphorus? One of my goals is to get the Zoysia to spread quicker, so if phosphorus will help, I definitely want to apply it. I was thinking of buying a bag of Espoma Quick Solutions Triple Phosphate.

Old 04-16-12, 10:05 AM
Group Moderator
Received 184 Votes on 171 Posts
I'm a fan of balanced fertilizers or at least using a fertilizer that contains at some of the basic three nutrients. Since phosphorus is important for root development and fertilizers high in it are often used when establishing a new lawn I would try to get some down. If that triple phosphate is strong, hopefully you can spread it lightly and evenly.