dandelions

Old 05-05-12, 12:55 PM
dandelions

I follow the annual program from Scott's on my lawn 4 times per year. This year I have an unusual higher amount of dandelions probably because the weather has been warmer earlier this year. What's the best way to get rid of them? Last year I tried weed b gone that doesn't kill grass, but I still ended up having yellow spots all over a month later? Should I buy the 'Weed Hound'' dandelion digger?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-12, 03:18 PM
I tried the weed hound early this year what a pain in the a$$. The thing about it is that it will not get the whole root out. I went to fleet and farm and bought HI YIELD 2 4 D and sprayed the yard. They dried up in 2-3 days just sprayed some more of the damm things today. Its on sale right now for $8. The stuff works a lot better then weed b gone. Save your money and just buy the turff builder or use the morliganite ( I think thats how its spelled) Your better off spot spraying the weeds.

Old 05-07-12, 06:35 AM
Group Moderator
I pull dandelions if there are only a few but that job gets old fast. It sounds like you have more than I would be willing to tackle by that route.

Old 05-08-12, 01:02 PM
I also pull them. Years ago when I first started building my lawn I used sprays to kill them and ended up with lots of bare patches. Now I use Scott's TurfBuilder products and seldom have any dandeliions anymore. When I do get a deep rooted weed I pull them with an old fashioned notched weed puller. I like it because I can get the root out with the rest of the plant.

Old 05-08-12, 01:08 PM
Group Moderator
It sounds like I have the same notched weed puller Wayne does. It does a nice job but I'm only willing to put in ten minutes or so at a shot.