Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Lawns, Landscaping and Outdoor Decor
Reload this Page >

How to replace old cinder block retaining wall with pave stone

Old 05-25-12, 08:22 AM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

I have a hideous looking 2 foot high, cinderblock flower bed at the front of my home. I want to replace it with a pave stones. The problem I’ve ran into is the stem wall that the bottom row of cinder blocks is attached to. I have already removed the wall in front of the stairs and the sidewalk, and the wall that runs parallel to the stairs, except for the bottom row of cinder blocks attached to the stem wall. I have dug around it and used a cement grinder. Look as though it is attached to the home I thought I could just build my wall further out on the side. That work in this area, but what should or could I do with the other walls. Should I just leave them and stain them, paint them or stucco them. I am a 56 year old lady so the easiest would be the best, however I like the looks of the stonewall. The long one and the one attached to the front of the porch are still intact. Don’t really want to remove the dirt in the beds. I’ve attached a photo. Any suggestions? What would you do?

Attached Images  
Old 05-25-12, 10:58 AM
Received 59 Upvotes on 53 Posts
The easiest way I see to do this would be to buy stone veneer and cover what is there. Be sure you check the manufacturers recommendations on preparing the area and how to adhere to the cleaned surface. Google stone veneer for an idea of what I am suggesting.

Old 05-25-12, 11:31 AM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks. Never thought of that. I will look into it. Appreciate your quick response.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: