Emerald Zoysia Lawn Repair

Old 07-04-12, 11:03 AM
Emerald Zoysia Lawn Repair

Good Afternoon and Happy 4th of July,

I live in Georgia just north of Atlanta and have emerald zoysia grass for my front lawn. We have numerous areas that are dark/dead where we've killed weeds, yellow/white areas where the dog has done his business, and just plain bare spots showing up possibly due to the lack of rain and extreme heat lately. Whats the best way to "patch" these areas and return my lawn to a consistent coloring and thickness throughout?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-12, 06:03 AM
Group Moderator
Zoysia is typically planted from plugs. That said, the dog issue will not go away if you don't keep the dog off that area. Have you been watering the lawn? If not, I wouldn't do anything to this at the moment.

Old 07-06-12, 10:12 AM
We are keeping the dog off the lawn now. Typically, I just let the rain do it's job and have since we moved in; this is the first time we've seen this issue (other than the areas caused by the dog, obviously). I guess I'll leave it alone and see if it improves later in the season. Thanks.

Old 07-06-12, 10:17 AM
Group Moderator
A dog alone can tear up any variety of grass and the temperatures we've had lately are tough as well. Zoysia does spread so it should fill in as long as it's allowed to do so.

Old 07-11-12, 09:54 AM
We've had some big rain the last two days and I watered early in the morning and early in the evening last week. Its already looking much better. Thanks again.