Need to connect PVC at a strange angle

Old 09-04-12, 07:25 AM
Need to connect PVC at a strange angle

I have a water supply line for my sprinklers that comes out of the house and needs to immediately go straight down where it will connect to the pipes in the ground. Typically this would be something where you have a vertical pipe and when it gets to the bottom of the sprinkler trench, I would put a 90* connector on and that would be it. But I have a strange angle, 90* is too much and 45* is not enough.

This is 1" SCH 40 PCV that will be the main supply line for my sprinklers, so it will have pressure most of the time. Is there some sort of flexible joint I can buy to get me past my issue?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-12, 07:51 AM
You might try putting a small amount of heat to the pipe with a small propane torch, warm it just enough to get the bend you need to enable using the 45 on it.

Old 09-04-12, 05:40 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Or use two 45's and offset the pipe to the desired position. You'll have to buy a couple of 45's and some sections of pipe to see what I am talking about, but it will work for your angle.

Old 09-04-12, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator
Actually to what Larry suggests its a type of swing joint you need to make. Two 90's, or a 45 and a 90 will achieve what you desire.