Mystified by sprinkler system

Old 01-08-13, 05:04 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Mystified by sprinkler system

Hi!
Got a sprinkler problem. I have four sprinkler stations around my home. Recently the #1 station won't start. The other three start on schedule and work perfectly.
I replaced the solenoid but no better. I checked the wires to the control box. They're all fine. I checked the whole length of wire between the control box and the valve. Perfect. Finally I installed a new control box. #1 still won't start and the others work fine.
I'm mystified because I can turn on station #1 manually, but I have to go out to the valve, turn the little flip toggle and get soaked getting back into the house. Ditto on going out to stop it.

Is there something else I should have checked?

Old 01-08-13, 05:53 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,952 Upvotes on 3,545 Posts
Did you actually check them with a meter ?
Visual inspection is not enough.

Power leaves the controller on two wires and arrives at the solenoid on the same two wires.
There is no mysterious gremlin stealing the power.

If you verify power is good coming out of controller......go to solenoid and measure it there. If it's not there the wire is open/broken somewhere along the way.

Old 01-09-13, 03:38 AM
W
if what PJ suggested does not fix it then you should take apart the valve and make sure all the bleed ports are clear of debris, I have had cases where the valve clogged up with biological slime and would not open properly, this is why there should be a bac-flo valve to protect potable water from just that problem, bacteria can travel up the line. good luck..

Old 01-09-13, 03:51 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
I did actually take the valve apart and inspected in while I was putting on the new solenoid. I didn't see anything, and if it were stopped up, why would it work when I turn it on manually?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: