Help with sprinkler system 'seasonal startup'

Old 04-29-13, 05:17 PM
Help with sprinkler system 'seasonal startup'

Bought a house about 6 months ago and I'm trying to turn on the sprinklers for the first time. Here is a picture of the system outside. Can anyone tell me what I might have to do to get it working? I've tried pulling the knobs every which way while running a test in zones, nothing worked. My finance thought the previous owner said we just had to cap the system... but the only thing we saw was the mushroom shaped 'cover' on the top that we put on.

Thanks!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-13, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator
That sprinkler system is not hooked to anything. Thats the vacuum breaker and that valve to nowhere needs to be hooked up to the incoming water....

Old 04-29-13, 05:25 PM
So, what would I need to do now to get it working? Sorry, first time home owner -_-.

Old 04-29-13, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator
You have to find the water line from the house and connect it to that valve. Nothing in the ground below that?

Old 05-24-13, 01:04 PM
It looks like the lower part of the copper line right below the valve is Tee'd and goes into the house? Is the valve on in your utility room to supply water to the outside? For example, I have a water valve in the utility room near my water meter that turns on all the outdoor water valves.