Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Lawns, Landscaping and Outdoor Decor
Reload this Page >

one zone inoperative - zone works if wires are switched at the controller

Old 06-09-13, 07:48 AM

The configuration - I have a hunter pro-C controlle with 5 zones. The default config of this controller seems to be that it can support 2 zones with its main plugin module and 3more zones with each additional plugin module. My system only has one plugin additional module and there are two zones configured on it (ie connection 6 is unused)

The problem - I have one zone not working (zone 3- green wire on the main module in the image below) - if I change the wires at the controller with another zone, It DOES work. So if I understand correctly, that means there is a problem on the controller module for that zone.

In looking at the configuration of the back of the controller - it appears zones 1-3 are on the main module (in the red box), and zones 4-6 are on the aux/add in module (in the pink box). My initial thought was I could just move the green wire from zone 3 to the connection for zone 6 and just disable zone 3. But that does not do anything beneficial (zone 3/6 still does not work), but Im not sure why.

I was able to get the zone to work if I put it on the same connection as another zone (that has relatively few heads).

So is the solution to buy another main plugin module? Anybody got an idea why I can't use zone 6 wired to the #3 solenoid?

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-13, 09:47 PM
Group Moderator
Out of the box the system is setup for three zones. You have a single pcm-300 expander added so you should have six control zones.

Does zone 6 show up in programming ?
There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to move what was on zone 3 to zone 6.

Old 06-10-13, 06:35 AM
I don't think I have zone 6 set as a programed zone - I was trying manual

edit
Correction
Your right - I should have said 3 on the normal module and +3 more on the add in module.

But, I will make sure I don't have zone 6 disabled and see if that makes any difference.
thanks