* Spouting Problem *

Old 07-09-13, 07:00 PM
* Spouting Problem *

Hello all,

I have a little problem that consists of lawn mowing with the water that comes from my spouting!!
The (2)piping runs underground that connects to 2 different spouting from the roof and down the yard and stops on a hill that makes the grass grow quicker because of the water that comes from the roof.
The road is about 10 feet from where the pipes end and after speaking with the officer with the township, they state " can NOT run the pipes to the road because of icing problems " So that leaves me with other options, maybe stone around the pipes, or eliminate the pipe underground completely which I don't want to do!

I'm looking for advice on what to do with making my yard must easier from sliding on my riding lawnmower over the constant wet spot or the ugliness of the 2 pipes showing coming out of the ground!

I'm looking for an idea to do some work making the areas look awesome and easy to cut around them!

If anyone has some idea's, please let me know! I appreciate any idea's!

Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-13, 07:26 PM
Group Moderator
Can you post a picture of the pipes you are talking about? I'm having a hard time visualizing what you mean.

Old 07-10-13, 11:30 AM
These are the drain pipes that end underground from the spouting from the house!!

The state won't allow me to go to the road, because of icing reasons which is understood!
I've thought of putting in ponds, but would overflow when it rains hard, Iv'e thought of stones, but would lead to the road and wouldn't look very nice!!

I'm asking for idea's from anyone on what to do to make
that area easier to cut with a riding lawnmower and to have a nice setting!

Name:  IMG_20130710_094948_314.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  38.9 KBName:  IMG_20130710_094939_893.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  43.8 KBName:  IMG_20130710_094924_616.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  48.2 KB

Old 07-10-13, 01:27 PM
Group Moderator
It's a common problem this year since so much of the country is experiencing more rain than normal. Just trying to time your mowing to when the ground is as dry and firm as possible is the easiest. Short of that could try planting some shrubbery or ground cover there that does not need mowing but will be tenacious enough to hold the ground in place when water is gushing out.

Old 07-10-13, 04:31 PM
Is there a storm sewer under the highway? Is that a drainage ditch on the other side of the highway? It would require a permit but connecting to a storm sewer or drilling under the highway to the drainage ditch would be the ideal.

Old 07-10-13, 05:04 PM
I appreciate your idea's!
I might plant something there, but might look weird that its in the corner of my property and nothing to even that out, you know what I mean!
Connecting to the drain in the road is far to expensive and would require the state construction to perform that! lol sounds crazy, but I do appreciate the idea though!

Thanks!

Maybe someone will come up with a great idea, but if not, I will go do the planting!

Old 07-10-13, 05:53 PM
Group Moderator
Try Googleing "rain garden" in images. I think would be a very good option for you.

Old 07-14-13, 08:20 AM
Thank you everyone for your support!