Irrigation Stuff........

Old 08-27-13, 05:05 PM
Irrigation Stuff........

What are the key things to look out for when looking at systems?? I'm done with the cobbled together system Ive nursed along for years..... I'm poisoning off the whole yard, blading the whole thing level, new irrigation, more than a few loads of top soil, the bull pines I've cut down have absolutely stripped the soil, fence, hedge, blah, blah....
What I'm getting at is I only want to do this once, and not fuss with heads and crappy plastic!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-13, 05:46 PM
Super Moderator
Irrigation???? GPM, friction loss, pipe sizing, proper coverage based on nozzle size and gpm and spacing...

Not easy if you never done it... Some pros do it in their sleep. Some are hacks if you want to call in that. That is if you decide not to do it yourself.....

But if so, you have a lot to learn...

I would start here...

Irrigation Tutorials Homepage and Main Index

Old 08-28-13, 06:45 AM
Group Moderator
Rain Bird has a irrigation system free design service. They walk you through each step and tell you how to determine how much pressure and flow you have available and then you draw the layout of your yard and send it to them. In a few weeks you get back a layout showing where to install emitters and a parts list of all the items you will need. Almost idiot proof.