Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Lawns, Landscaping and Outdoor Decor
Reload this Page >

Which of these 2 compressors do you recommend (to only be used for Winterizing)?

Which of these 2 compressors do you recommend (to only be used for Winterizing)?

Old 09-25-13, 09:27 AM
Question Which of these 2 compressors do you recommend (to only be used for Winterizing)?

Hi All,

Long story short, I need to decide the best compressor between to "only" be used for winterizing a Sprinkler/Irrigation System. Coupons make them both the same price with a 4 year warranty.

Option 1:
15-Gallon 200-PSI Air Compressor (Campbell Hausfeld HJ300100DI) -- 4 year extended warranty
Husky 20-Gal. Portable Air Compressor-F2S20VWD at The Home Depot

Option 2:
20-Gallon 150-PSI Air Compressor (Husky F2S20VWD) -- 4 year extended warranty
Shop Campbell Hausfeld 1.3-HP 15-Gallon 200-PSI Electric Air Compressor at Lowes.com

While I'd expect both to work just fine (all we need is to set the regulator to 65 PSI, right?), I've been trying to figure out the mathematics of which would be able to sustain 65 PSI the longest.
- One has a larger tank, another has a larger PSI, which actually makes them both seem similar (since I think the higher PSI makes the smaller tank, effectively "larger", if set to output the lower 65-psi). (?) I have a feeling it's a flip of the coin, but what do you guys think?

PS: Long story short, these are my only two choices, from these particular stores.

Thanks!
CG

Last edited by chatguy; 09-25-13 at 10:49 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-13, 09:43 AM
The Husky has a higher SCFM rating as well as 5 more gallons in the tank. I would go for that one. 150 PSI is plenty for most any application.

Old 09-25-13, 11:36 AM
Love to hate
Harbor Freight

Small Air Compressor - 2.5 HP, 21 Gallon, 120 Volt, 125 PSI

120V, 21Gal, 5.8CFM @ 40psi
Little bigger tank, little more flow
Cheaper.

Old 09-25-13, 12:00 PM
Group Moderator
I have two HF compressors and they've both worked well for me. Sometimes they are a bargain, sometimes you end up with junk but these two purchases are looking like bargains.