DIY above ground sprinkler setup help

Old 04-26-14, 12:16 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
DIY above ground sprinkler setup help

Hello,

I need to improve the irrigation for my lawn mainly in one large section that is around 1/4 acre and square. I can not afford to install an inground sprinkler system, although that would probably be the best option.

I have seen references to people using the Hunter (or other) geared rotor sprinklers setup above ground on spikes. I have gravel and mulch gardens around this section of lawn so it would be possible for me to hide the hoses. I know that these sprinkler heads can be run in series but I am not sure how many of them I would be able to run off of just a standard hose end type setup. The Hunter PGP Ultra appears to need anywhere from 30-70psi to operate normally. I would most likely be running 5/8" standard rubber hoses between them.

I am just hoping that someone else has tried this and might be able to give a little more detail about how it worked out and how many heads they were able to run in series. Also, any tips on an inexpensive / reliable timer would be appreciated as well.

thank you!

Old 05-07-14, 06:20 PM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
home depot has two different timers 1st is you go out and turn on and has a dial you set to shut off like $20 2nd is a digital programmable automatically turns on and off as for the sprinklers i would find out who makes them and call them they should be able to tell you I've never tried that but i would think you would want to use smaller hose to get more pressure

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: