New Home, New Landscaping

Old 05-23-14, 09:43 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
New Home, New Landscaping

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I recently moved into our first house and are trying to slowly fix it up. It was previously a rental home and the yard was completely ignored. We recently laid down sod and now we're trying to come up with a plan for the front flower bed. I planted a few flowers around the tree but we would like to rip out the shrubs (see attached picture) and replace them with something else. We plan on removing all of the shrubs in front of the house, including the one next to the garage. Please help - we have NO idea what we're doing and need ideas! I've attached a picture of what our yard (please note that this picture was taken the day we laid down sod. Our grass is not lush and green.) Thank you so much in advance!!

Attached Images  
Old 05-23-14, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
My first thought would be to check with some local nurseries and see if they have a designer on staff. Many local places do. They will work with you on a plan for a nominal or even no fee.

You might also check to see if you have a Master Gardener program in your area. It is normally associated with the County Extension office.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: