Solid Black Patio Chair Cushion


Old 05-02-15, 02:30 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 124
Solid Black Patio Chair Cushion

In past years Target sold outdoor chair cushions that had one rounded edge like the
attached image. I have a few old ones that are kind of mashed, so it's hard to provide
exact dimensions. My local Target doesn't have them this year.

I need a black cushion. It won't be used for seating. A gizmo I built requires a rugged,
outdoor cushion. The Target cushions were about 3 to 4 inches thick. They were stuffed
with a firm polyester batting. (Very cheap cushions use the lowest grade foam rubber.)
If I remember correctly, the Target price was $18.00. They lasted a couple of years, which
was ok for an $18.00 cushion.

Rough dimensions for the Target cushions were:

18" - wide
16½" - deep
3 to 4" - height

A slightly larger cushion is fine. It must be a smooth fabric. Not the kind with pleated

I can search eBay or Amazon all day, but I have no expertise in this area.

Can someone help me find the cushion I need?
Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-15, 11:21 AM
PJmax's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northern NJ - USA
Posts: 47,563
Outdoor Chair Cushions

Bullnose Contoured Outdoor Chair Cushion - Dining Cushions - Outdoor Cushions & Pillows - Outdoor | HomeDecorators

Shop Patio Chair Cushions at Lowes

Go to google. Type in "outdoor chair cushions" when the page opens click on images. When you see an image you like.... click on it and it will take you to that site.
Old 05-03-15, 11:24 AM
ray2047's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 33,227
Old 05-03-15, 02:55 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 124
Thanks for the links ray2047 and PJmax.

I always assume that everyone searches the web before they post a message.

Have you ever noticed how important the proper technical words are when you
search? It's everything!

That link for "bullnose cushions" is very logical, however, I had no idea that cushions
with a rounded edge are called "bullnose cushions." I've used a router to create a
bullnose on a board, but that's where I stop. I know very little about sewing, fabrics,
upholstery, etc. A few times I've used products like Goop fabric glue on small projects.

I searched eBay for black patio cushions. It was obvious that black is not a very
popular color for outdoor furniture. Most of the "black" cushions were mixed with
other colors. Google Images produced the same result.

Maybe one of those links has the cushion I'm searching for.

Thanks again.
Old 05-03-15, 02:58 PM
PJmax's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northern NJ - USA
Posts: 47,563
The second link I left shows many colors including black.
Old 05-03-15, 05:29 PM
Shadeladie's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: PA - USA
Posts: 3,977
Actually, a bullnose cushion is when the fabric is just wrapped around from top to bottom. Could be rounded or not.
Anyways, looks like the second link Pete posted above, has the black, rounded cushion you're looking for.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes