outrigger flagpole suggestions

Old 05-31-15, 10:43 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
outrigger flagpole suggestions

I want to mount an outrigger flagpole to my porch column; wooden columns are 5.5" wide. I have seen many flagploe holders with the thumb setscrew that either crushes the flagpole or the flagpole blows out in the wind. The flagpoles are also cheap thin metal. I want to put someting in of quality. Looking for something where I will let the flagpole in place and just have a haylard trolley on the cap to change flags. All the outrigger flagpoles I have found are huge with like 20" mounting brackets and 3" diameter flagpoles. Someting like that would be good but on a little smaller scale. Any recommendations?

Old 05-31-15, 12:36 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 872 Votes on 802 Posts
I think your seeing the difference between two categories. Up to a certain size it's just better to clip a flag to a pole and stick it into a bracket. Above a certain size the pole and flag get too big so it's better to go with a halyard and pulley. I think most homeowners are in the first category wanting something cheap and easy to put up once or twice a year. In the second category are commercial buildings which need something larger. I'm sure there's a group like you in between but it's probably a small market.

Are you looking for advice how to build a outrigger or where to buy one?

Old 05-31-15, 03:59 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Yea, that sounds about right; 2 categories. Resi and commercial. I would like to be more on the commercial side but in resi category if you know what I mean, I want quality and don't mind spending a little. I don't want no tin foil flagpole. I was originally looking for advice on where to purchase but heck, I wouldn't mind building one either.

Old 05-31-15, 04:56 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 872 Votes on 802 Posts
I would search the web well. Probably on marine sites. You might even find something in stainless.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: