Sprinkler comes on with timer but not manually.

Old 06-04-15, 06:52 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Sprinkler comes on with timer but not manually.

My timer is a piece of crap so I unplugged it and was just going to water the yard manually. When I open the bleed screw or whatever you call it, it opens only half the yard. There is a second valve next to that one but when I open the bleed screw on that one, nothing happens. Water squirts out the little hole in the screw so I know water is at least at the valve. The funny thing is if I use the timer, both sides of the yard come on.

No one has ever been able to figure out how to turn that side of the yard on manually, always used the timer. Since that kinda took a crap... I'd like to be able my yard without one.

Old 06-04-15, 07:13 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
If it's a Tork timer, there is an override switch behind the dial. Connect the timer & use that instead.

Old 06-04-15, 11:12 AM
A
Nah it's a toro indoor timer system. I turn it to off and the sprinklers turn on still. While the system has got the sprinklers running, it won't turn them off till the timer is up even if you turn it to off. Can't set any days or times cause buttons don't work. Need to buy a new one but still would like to figure out how to turn that side on manually at the valve If I want too

Old 06-04-15, 03:32 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Did you shut off the breaker? That might reset it. Are you trying to operate it from the pit box?

Old 06-04-15, 07:47 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,328 Upvotes on 2,987 Posts
What zone valves are you using ? It sounds like it needs to be rebuilt or replaced.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: