Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Lawns, Landscaping and Outdoor Decor
Reload this Page >

Hydro Rain HRC-100 turning on when not programmed

Old 07-05-16, 01:27 PM

So Now that the drought restrictions are lifted here, I went out to turn on the sprinkler system to bring back my poor lawn.

Everything seemed to work after I replaced a couple cracked sprinkler heads.

BUT I noticed there is a problem after the program runs, it re-runs an hour or so later and then again.

And that is a problem because while we are out of drought restrictions we are still under the conservation restrictions, which limits watering after 10am

So if my system is turning itself on every couple hours I am going to get fined.

I reprogrammed the controller multiple times and it keeps doing this.

Any ideas?

I read the entire manual and saw nothing that is like my issue.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-16, 10:21 PM
Group Moderator
I also read thru the manual and didn't see anything that addressed your problem directly. Your controller has three programmable sections.... A, B and C. Possibly the unit thinks the three sections are programmed.

Here's what I would do. Purchase a new CR-2032 lithium cell. The instructions say to change annually. Remove the old memory battery from the unit and disconnect the power. Wait a minute. Reinstall the new battery, plug the unit back into power and reprogram it.

Old 07-06-16, 06:32 AM
I'll try that out, thanks.

The only thing I could think of is that one section was activated at 6am and turns off at 6:30 and the next section turns on at 6:30.

Maybe this is considered overlapping by the controller.

So what I did was clear out the controller via the clear button, then reprogrammed and left a 15 minute gap between the sections.

Now with the idea you gave me I will try that out tonight. I just bought a bunch of those batteries for my garage door openers so I will have a fresh one on hand

Old 07-08-16, 11:40 AM
So it turns out I (am just an dummy and) didnt fully understand the programming.

I thought that the 1,2,3,4 options within Start Time was the start time for the zone 1,2,3,4

But its not, its just different start times inside of the day.

So what was happening was start time #1 would kick on the program at zone 1 at 6am and run until start time #2 would kick on the program yet again at zone 1 at 6:30am

Old 07-08-16, 01:53 PM
Group Moderator
No problem. They certainly don't make the programming as easy and straightforward as they could.

Old 07-11-16, 11:33 AM
yea, they definitely did not, especially since its 1-4 on both.