Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Lawns, Landscaping and Outdoor Decor
Reload this Page >

Need to camouflage a slope in my backyard, any landscaping ideas?

Old 03-02-17, 05:46 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

Our backyard has a slope from the fence to about 6 feet out. It's about 4 feet difference. i need some ideas to camouflage the slope. There's not much that can be done as far as leveling without having to replace the entire fence.

Old 03-02-17, 05:51 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 970 Votes on 891 Posts
It would help if we knew where you are located so we know what types of plants will survive. Also, a picture of the area would not hurt.

Old 03-03-17, 03:24 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 429 Votes on 383 Posts
Welcome to the forums Ray!

As stated above pics would give us a better idea of what you are working with - http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...-pictures.html
Do you want ground cover plants, bushes or something else?

Old 03-03-17, 07:59 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 98 Votes on 86 Posts
I think some additional info as to what you're trying to accomplish would help as well, as I've never felt the need to 'camouflage' a hill.

Old 03-03-17, 08:20 AM
V
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I don't think he really means camouflage in the military sense of blending in or hiding . . . . I think he just means to naturalize that area.

My Sister lives in a Arizona HOA community where everyone who wants to avoid maintaining a rear lawn has opted to do the HOA permissible technique "naturalizing" those unseen rear areas so that they need no upkeep.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: