Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Lawns, Landscaping and Outdoor Decor
Reload this Page >

One irrigation zone goes on with every other one!

Old 06-21-17, 07:07 AM

I'm pretty good at the basics on my irrigation -- i open and close; add extensions, change heads etc. but thats as far as it goes. this year, for the first time, i had a problem when i opened. one zone (#11) goes on with every other zone. every other zone works fine, and this is the only one that does it. I read that this might be a valve or diaphram stuck open? how do I find it? is it in one of the boxes around the yard? i've looked there for any obvious problem with wires etc. the system is large, 22 zones total with 3 heads on each. and everything seemed fine when I closed. thank you!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-17, 07:33 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
First disconnect wire going to zone and see if that stops it. Don't think so but worth a try. Look around yard and find distribution box for that zone You will have to find out which valve it is . Take screws out od valve and clean out. May have to replace diaphragm.

Old 06-21-17, 08:26 PM
Group Moderator
one zone (#11) goes on with every other zone.
That would only happen if you have a master valve and the zone 11 valve was stuck open.

Otherwise.... if you don't have a master valve and all valves have water always to them.... then it sounds like a problem in the controller.

You could swap 11 and 12 or 11 and something else to see if the problem moves.

Old 06-22-17, 09:05 AM
That would only happen if you have a master valve and the zone 11 valve was stuck open.
That would be correct, no master valve then zone 11 should be running all the time.

Might be a wiring or controller issue where signal to other zones is also going to 11 thus 2 zones opening each time.