Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Lawns, Landscaping and Outdoor Decor
Reload this Page >

I *just* had this fixed. Now Zone 3 never turns off (video).

Old 07-16-17, 03:01 AM

Recently had zone 3 and zone 4 fixed and they were all fine for a day or two. Technically, all the zones, "Work" - but zone 3 never turns off now. I have to turn off the whole system at the back flow preventer. Here is a video (Notice the pulsing from the base, too)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2GL...ature=youtu.be

Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-17, 04:19 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Video just shows water squirting into valve box, no help. sounds like some trash in valve or valve is stuck open. , shut off main valve and take top off valve that does not stop. easy to do and clean, usually just taking top off will flush enough water to clean

Old 07-16-17, 05:26 AM
Thanks! Sorry about the vid - but there is nothing else to show! I couldn't get much closer without soaking my phone. Anyway, it looks like the spray is originating from there the valve meets the pipe-coupling (Under the black part). You can see and hear that it does this rhythmic pulse every couple seconds. blast......blast.....blast.....blast.... I was curious if maybe that would indicate a solenoid issue.

Old 07-16-17, 05:52 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
May have cracked a fitting there. Looked at video again and different valve than I thought but I think same principal. When it drys out a bit maybe another photo to see in there without water squirting.

Old 07-16-17, 07:10 AM
Thank you. I took a shop vac to it because I'm impatient. I noticed that he stripped two screws and it looks like he just used something he had in the truck. Doesn't look like they held over the next couple of days. I went to Ace and bought 4 new, correct screws and that did it.

Old 07-16-17, 07:11 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Thanks for the update. Glad you fixed it.