How to deal with weeds?

Old 04-28-18, 04:01 PM
How to deal with weeds?

I'm from the Greater Toronto. Weed is coming out before the real grass, the lawn looks like a mess and I don't know how to do. Is it too late for pre-herbicide, or am I better off clearing it by hand?

Attached Images     
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-18, 04:17 AM
Group Moderator
I don't know what your weather has been but in general I would say it is too late for most pre-emergent herbicides. You could try a product containing Dimension which is the only one that I can think of that will have post-emergent control of crabgrass but it won't work well on other weeds that have already emerged.

You can spray with a broad leaf herbicide containing 2,4-D. That will kill most broadleaf weeds but won't kill most grasses or crabgrass.

Old 04-29-18, 04:33 AM
Maybe I'm visually challenged; but what I see in your photos is mostly green grass plants, sparse though they may be. I don't see many (any) weeds.

I would keep those grass plants moist and encourage them to expand into the bare spots. I might even roughen up those bare areas, spread some seed, and cover the seed with topsoil, which also needs to be kept moist.

Old 04-29-18, 04:46 AM