Lawn damage

Old 05-02-18, 01:27 PM
Lawn damage

Along the road in front of my property there is damage to the lawn caused by the Nascar wannabees who don't seem to be able to read the posted speed limit signs, which read 35 in front of my house and 25 about 100 feet before you get to my house. I have contacted the State Police several times but all they give me is some lame excuses why they can't do some speed control. Does anyone know the legality of me placing some big rocks along the road on my lawn to keep the children off my property? It is very annoying especially since I take good care of my property only to see some of those clowns damage it.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-18, 02:29 PM
Group Moderator
Gets a little dicey. Chances are you are talking right of way and not actually on your property. One of the idiots hits your rocks, rolls the car, and kills himself and you'll be sued for big $$$.

I'm not an attorney, but I did stay at Holiday Inn Express last night.

Old 05-02-18, 04:37 PM
Group Moderator
I've seen trees planted in areas like that and a big rock on a few corners but Tow Guy raises an excellent point about your potential responsibility for damages to the person who hits them - I would check with your insurance company and maybe an attorney,

Old 05-02-18, 04:44 PM
How was the free breakfast in the morning?