Shed ramp: paver block ideas

Old 03-11-19, 12:41 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Shed ramp: paver block ideas

I am looking to do a shed ramp out of pavers instead of doing a wood ramp. The door to the ramp is roughly 2-3 away from the ground. I am wondering how do I start the row of pavers that would next to the shed door entry. Do I cut them so they are tight and begin the slope next to the diamond plate?

Name:  shed.jpg
Views: 3261
Size:  112.9 KB

Last edited by PJmax; 03-11-19 at 05:19 PM. Reason: resized picture
Old 03-11-19, 02:02 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 972 Votes on 893 Posts
Alot depends on the pavers you choose. Thin ones like the 12" square ones seen in home centers might be used as is. If you use thicker pavers then you may want to undercut the top edge so the gap is not so great.

One thing to mention is that for long term durability the pavers need to be prevented from sliding downhill. With driveways or walk ways the downhill end of the pavers has something solid like a street or curb to bump against and prevent them from sliding. In your case you may want to add something deeply buried at the bottom edge to hold the pavers in place.

Old 03-11-19, 05:19 PM
W
I was thinking maybe 4 x 8 or little bigger, sounds like I will have to make a jig to undercut the first row. Not a big fan of those big square ones, hard to get those level. Thanks for the suggestion on the bottom too . Any suggestions what I could put there as

Old 03-11-19, 05:22 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,614 Votes on 1,486 Posts
If you want the blocks to be even with the shed floor...... you'll need to make side rails to build up under the blocks.

With my fathers shed..... we used pressure treated 2x12's as the sides and two pieces of slate.... flat at the bottom like a little patio.

Old 03-11-19, 05:50 PM
W
I was thinking about doing a retaining wall type look for the sides. Maybe if I burry some retainng blocks to the height on the bottom that would hold the bricks. Something like this.

https://goo.gl/images/P18RTg

Old 03-11-19, 06:45 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,614 Votes on 1,486 Posts
That actually looks really good. You still need something at the bottom. Like a pad. Something that won't get wet and muddy and allow the bricks to slide down.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: