Yard drainage help !

Old 03-27-19, 03:44 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Yard drainage help !

Help! terrible drainage in my back yard. There is a slight grade from the pool to the dirt. Iíve removed the tree, but you can see in the next picture the drainage is terrible. Iíve dug all along the dirt along the arrowed area 8Ē wide by 8Ē deep and want to know if I fill that with rocks and sand and top with fill dirt will that fix my problem? Or do I need to go all the way back in the yard with a slight grade??

Name:  p1.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  77.2 KB

Name:  p2.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  81.4 KB

Name:  p3.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  71.7 KB

Last edited by PJmax; 04-13-19 at 10:08 AM. Reason: removed dead links/resized pictures
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-19, 05:50 PM
Received 112 Votes on 103 Posts
Water always runs down hill which appears to be at the sidewalk so you need to install a swale or french drain in front of the walk and sloped around the side (if appropriate) so the water coming down from the back is diverted.

Old 04-13-19, 03:02 AM
They have this product you can spray on your soil to help water sink into the soil instead of sitting on top. Ive never used any but seen other people have good results using it. Ill try and get the name of it. Probaly would be a lot easier and less expensive to try this spray.

Old 04-13-19, 03:23 AM
Its called penterra. Go to the website and you can watch the 2 minute video demonstration

https://soilpenetrant.com/