Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Lawns, Landscaping and Outdoor Decor
Reload this Page >

Adjust Rainbird 5000 sprinkler heads left stop / what do to if they dont rotate?

Adjust Rainbird 5000 sprinkler heads left stop / what do to if they dont rotate?

Old 04-24-19, 07:16 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

I looked at youtube videos about this and wanted to check a few things. Older 5000's didn't have an easy way to adjust the left stop? You had to take care to put it in the ground correctly lined up? Or later, unscrew the big ring at top and physically rotate the guts in the outer housing then re-tighten the big ring?

But then in 2011 people started saying there's a slip clutch? With the water off (that seems to be an important point), you can simply turn the head to the left stop then twist it a bit more counter clockwise to where you want the left stop? And if you want to shorten the left stop / move it clockwise, you just turn the head 350 degrees counterclockwise?

But the key thing is the water has to be off?

I would watch my sprinkler company do spring startup - they'd rotate the heads I guess to see that they rotate freely / see where the stops are with the water on / heads popped up.

I have a couple 5000s now that don't rotate now. they are 6 years old.
a) is that typical that over 6 years, maybe 3 of 50 heads have problems?
b) could the spinning by the sprinkler company done something? they were doing similar things - turning the heads with water on to see the arc / maybe adjust left stop?) on other heads that are working fine.

Sponsored Links