Sprinkler system modification

Old 06-14-19, 11:08 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sprinkler system modification

I have a busted sprinkler post which the installer glued into the tee pipe so it can't be just unscrewed and replaced. It was set up for hedges which I removed. I want to remove the 2.5 ft hedge sprinklers and lower them to ground level. It seems the installer set them up odd. They vary in spacing from one to the next. Since I figure they glued everything it may be easier to replace the main pipe runs and heads all at once so I can service it better in the future. If I keep the number of sprinkler heads the same and adjust the length between each to be the same do you think it will be ok? I've been watching YouTube to learn more for my attempt.
The lines are about 40-50 long with 5 or 6 heads on each. One side is a straight run. The other runs mostly straight but does a 5 foot U near the center to go around the slab for my AC. I figure I can measure and make sure everything connects above ground, then splice it into my system after pulling the old glued setup. I still have to dig a bit to see how these 2 zones attach to the system.

Sponsored Links