Wire identification in tree bed

Old 08-26-19, 08:31 AM
M
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Wire identification in tree bed

Hi Everyone,

We recently purchased a house near Indianapolis. At the back perimeter of the backyard, there is a large bed with two rows of privacy trees. Yesterday, I was weeding the bed and noticed what appears to be a black electrical wire in the bed. From what I can tell, it comes in at the side of the tree bed and wraps all the way around the front and back of the tree bed (about 12 inches in) and is only buried about an inch or so. I have no idea what it is for and am hoping to get some help identifying it.

This may be completely unrelated but I do have a wire that appears to be the same type that is coming into our garage via a PVC pipe. It is lying on the ground and not connected to anything and I also have no idea what it is for. I am wondering if maybe the two are the same and maybe (hopefully) it is intended to be some pre-wiring for outdoor tree lighting?

Also, in case someone thinks it may be related, I should mention we do have a sprinkler system in the yard but it does not go back that far and I don't know why it would be around the back of those trees.

I'd appreciate any insight anyone could provide.

Thanks

Name:  h1.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  68.9 KB

Name:  h2.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  104.6 KB

Name:  h3.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  25.0 KB

Name:  h4.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  88.8 KB

Last edited by PJmax; 08-26-19 at 08:21 PM. Reason: resized pictures
Old 08-26-19, 08:37 AM
A
Received 73 Upvotes on 66 Posts
I would guess invisible fence.

M_K_Chicago voted this post useful.
Old 08-26-19, 08:49 AM
M
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You are right. As soon as I posted it I went to check the wire gauge in the garage and the wire is faintly labeled as Invisible Fence. Thanks for the quick reply - mystery solved.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: