Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Lawns, Landscaping and Outdoor Decor
Reload this Page >

Low Water Pressure on One Irrigation Zone Diagnosis

Old 02-23-21, 01:35 PM
D
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

Been fighting low water pressure in one zone for two Summers now. Sprinkler heads barely come up if at all. Same symptoms with electrical or manual activation. Valve flow adjustment opened all the way. Thought I had a leaky pipe and dug up an old bush near all my valves looking for root caused damage. Didn't find any problems. To verify I was looking at the right pipe I turned the zone on today (February 23rd) and low and behold for the first time in two years the zone worked fine. All heads fully extended and plenty of water flow immediately. Nothing changed except it's much colder today than any other time I've ever used it. Cold is not going to affect a leaky pipe, so I'm now thinking I've got a valve that at warmer temps won't open fully. The valve is an above ground Orbit model 57624. Anyone seen a sticky valve cause such symptoms?

Thanks!

Old 08-11-21, 06:15 PM
D
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
In case anyone stumbles on this post in the future. Problem turned out to be the valve. I replaced the Orbiz consumer grade valve with a professional grade Rainbird. The zone has been consistently putting out great pressure ever since.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: