Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Lawns, Landscaping and Outdoor Decor
Reload this Page >

Plant addition along brick wall over concrete floor

Old 10-08-23, 03:46 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

Hello Everyone,

Iíve been wanting to add landscaping to the backyard. I had filled the previous swimming pool with dirt, but itís been a challenge to design plants laying within a rectangle. I wanted to see if I can add planter or cut into concrete to allow for plants along the brick wall but my question is, can I cut into the concrete along the brick wall? Will that desirability the brick wall and potentially make it easier to collapse in the future? Or if I add planter along the brick wall over the concrete, how do I allow for drainage? Thank you your advice is appreciated!
Can I remove the concrete along the brick wall to add plants? Will there be risk if the brick wall collapsing?

Or can I build planter on top of the concrete, how does water drainage work?

Here is where I like to cut the concrete along the brick wall to expose soil to allow for planting.

Old 10-09-23, 05:26 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,236 Upvotes on 1,995 Posts
Yes, concrete can be cut. Make sure you make the opening large enough for the mature size of the plants and to expose enough soil so they can capture rainwater. You can also use planters. Holes in the bottom allow them to drain.

Old 10-09-23, 10:47 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks Pilot Dane for the advice. Iíll check it out.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: