Need help choosing lights for powder room

Old 03-07-04, 01:58 PM
Pdog
Visiting Guest
Need help choosing lights for powder room

My wife and I are remodelling our 1/2 bath. We already have the Kohler pedestal sink and toilet, along with tile for the floor. The current sink is located in the one corner of the bathroom, with a mirror above the sink, and a single light mounted over the mirror.

The room is only 5'x6'. We really like the look of having sconce lights on each side of the mirror, but due to the location of the waste drain, the sink will be so far in the corner that a light could not be mounted on the right side of the mirror. And I do not feel like moving the waster and water lines.

So we are now on the idea of recessed lights. I have put in plenty throughout the house, but they were all 6" cans.

How would smaller lights be in this situation? Since we have a bath fan mounted dead center of the ceiling, I was figuring either 2 or 4 say 2" or 3" lights. We do not want a fan with a light.

Would these put out enough light, or too much?

Old 03-08-04, 05:31 PM
ltngbolt
Visiting Guest
In your situation with that size bathroom small recessed lights would work fine. Something along the lines of a halo h99 is about as small as they get although other companies make similar and maybe even a tad smaller. Using halogen bulbs, 50 watts in each, you should get adequate lighting. If this is a bath used for make up, shaving etc. I would recommend keeping them fairly close to the wall where the vanity is or adding a light over the vanity as well. If it is a powder room the 2 high hats are fine.Lighting tips

Old 03-09-04, 03:59 PM
Pdog
Visiting Guest
Great, thanks. We do not use it for shaving, makeup,etc. It is stickly a powder bath for when people come over. Thanks for the suggestion, I will look at that model.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: