recessed lighting bulb type


Old 04-02-04, 11:01 AM
Neil Gray
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
recessed lighting bulb type

I have a 12 x 12 kitchen and have decided to go with recessed lighting, but not the eyeball type. I'm thinking of the brand CI (cheaper) and using 6-inch airtight IC type cans. Is there a preferred type of bulb to use? I want to be able to use a dimmer switch on them.
Old 04-02-04, 11:44 AM
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: United States
Posts: 18,497
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Assuming it's just a regular can, a PAR light is usually right. You can get these in about five types between narrow spot and wide flood, depending on how widely dispersed you want the light to be. Make darn sure you follow the maximum wattage guidelines printed in the can (almost certainly limited to a 75-watt bulb). Position them carefully to avoid shadows on the stuff you're working on (usually far enough out to clear the cabinets but not farther out then the edge of the counter).

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: