recessed kitchen lighting

Old 04-02-04, 10:54 AM
Neil Gray
Visiting Guest
recessed kitchen lighting

I forgot to ask earlier. I would like suggestions about where to place the lights in the ceiling. These are the only lights I'll have. I'm buying a pack of 6 cans, but I suppose I could do with fewer?
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-04, 09:17 PM
The layout of the hihats depends upon the layout & size of the kitchen.Do you have an island.You may want to think about undercabinet lighting for work areas on countertops too.

Old 04-06-04, 05:25 AM
Neil Gray
Visiting Guest
recessed kitchen lights

Thanks ampz. I should have been more specific. It is a 12x12 kitchen with all counters situated on two adjacent walls. Of the two remaining walls, one is exterior with a door and kitchen table by a window. The other opens through an archway into the living room and has a bar-type opening into the living room as well. There is no island. I was thinking perhaps of 2 lights over each counter, one over the bar and maybe one over the table. The under-cabinet lightimg sounds like a good idea too.

Old 04-06-04, 10:01 PM
Since the kitchen is square I would space the hihats evenly around the perimeter following the cabinets/counters.Place 1 fixture centered over the kitchen table {on its own switch if possible}.1 or 2 fixtures over the archway is a good idea.Definately go with undercabinet lighting,you dont want to loose any digits making dinner in poor light LOL.

Old 04-09-04, 12:45 PM
ltngbolt
Visiting Guest
This may help
Recessed Lighting Layout