Question about flourescent ballast ???

Old 05-05-04, 01:38 PM
TedTheMech
Visiting Guest
Question Question about flourescent ballast ???

I am [email protected]@king for a ballast made by Advance Transformer model # RQM-2S40-3-TP (120 Volts, 60 Hertz, 80 Amps), but somehow I can not find it in the listing to use as cross reference for a replacement ballast. Could someone please point me to the right direction or show me a replacement ballast to use. Thanks, Ted

Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-04, 06:29 PM
Need more info,{its been a long time since I used to work in an electrical supply house},what type,size bulbs are in the fixture? It may be easier to just take the ballast info to a local supply house,they can crossreference it.Or you can change the fixture, sometimes it cheaper in the longrun.

Old 05-07-04, 11:40 AM
TedTheMech
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by ampz
Need more info,{its been a long time since I used to work in an electrical supply house},what type,size bulbs are in the fixture? It may be easier to just take the ballast info to a local supply house,they can crossreference it.Or you can change the fixture, sometimes it cheaper in the longrun.
My wife store use about 60 of these ballasts. I want to cross it so I can replaced the bad ones & for the spares. I dont really want to replace the fixture. It run 2-40 watts tubes.

Old 05-07-04, 05:04 PM
Wow!!!! I actually remember the Magnetek {brand} part #s If the voltage is 277v. use 447SLHTCP.If the voltage is 120v use 446SLHTCP.I belive these part # are still accurate.Good luck

Old 05-07-04, 05:09 PM
Sorry I forgot you had given the voltage in your O.P.Advance probably still uses that part # aswell.Any good supplyhouse will give you the ballasts you need.