Installing Pressure Switch


Old 05-20-04, 05:36 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 40
Installing Pressure Switch

I want to put a pressure switch (if that is the name of it) on a cabinet door so the light will come on when the door is opened and shut when closed. I have only been able to find a real large switch that would be for a full size door or a little mini switch. The little switch is rated for the wattage and such but it doesn't come with an enclosure. It is just the switch with two connection points. I want to know how to inclose it so it will be safe. I have thought of making something from PVC pipe but am not sure this would be safe. I have shopped at HD and Lowe's and an electronics store to find the switch. Only the electronics store has something suitable but no enclosure. HELP.[/B][/B]
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-04, 08:09 PM
ampz's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 536
You may have to get a 120v "Normally Open" switch & mount a box to the inside of the cabinet.A good electrical supplyhouse should have what you need.You will then need to make a bracket { an "L" shaped piece of any rigid material} to mount to the inside of the door to shut the light off when the door is closed.I apoligize if this explanation seems vague,I hope it helps.
Old 05-21-04, 09:08 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 2,691
Of course, the other option is to use a 120V relay instead of a 120V switch - this would allow you to mount the relay out of sight.

Good luck!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes