How do you balance a ceiling fan?

Old 07-18-04, 04:21 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How do you balance a ceiling fan?

I bought a new ceiling fan from HD today. Everything is pretty straight forward until I get to the part about using a ruller to tell you which blades are not at the correct heigth. Finding the one's that are not at the same level is no biggy, but then what do you do to correct this? The insructions just sort of stop at that point.

Thanks for the help,

seeburt

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-04, 05:06 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Carefully push the blades up or down at the blade arm (the metal part that attaches the blade to the fan.) Grab the blade from both sides with both hands and gently push up or down to adjust them all to the same height.

You will also need to adjust the angle of each blade to be the same. If one is off, the fan will wobble at higher speeds.

I used to adjust them daily for Progressive Lighting, and never used any tools to do so (other than a screwdriver to tighten the screws - very important they are all tight!) The balancing kits are not necessary, neither is a ruler or any other tools - just eye it.

Good luck!

Old 07-18-04, 09:39 PM
I can't believe how easy that was! I'll be honest...I still used a ruler, but it all took about 15 minutes.

Thanks SafeWatch!

seeburt