Pendant light wiring lengths

Old 08-06-04, 01:42 PM
spanky12
Visiting Guest
Red face Pendant light wiring lengths

undefined
I would like to hang four small halogen pendant lamps (tiella brand) from my very high ceiling (26 feet or so) above my kitchen bar area in a new home under construction. The lights are 50 watt 12 volt, with only 6 feet of cable. I would like to find a way to rewire for longer lights - I think 18 feet would do. I don't know the name of the type of wire to look for. It is a flexible mesh wire. I've seen the name clear stream cable, or coax or thhn. What is it actually? Can I rewire these? Thanks in advance.

Old 08-18-04, 03:01 PM
ironqqq
Visiting Guest
it is actually a coaxial cable. I just installed 6 of these tiella lights a couple of months ago.

You will need to go to a vendor that sells low voltage pendant stuff... a vendor that sells, Tech Lighting (Tiella is the low end stuff for Tech Lighting).

they should be able to fix you up with longer lengths. There is a voltage drop rule... you have to look around the web to figure out how long you can go without too much voltage drop, but I do'nt think 20 feet will be a problem. You see restaurants running lengths that are 20-30 feet easily.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: