How do I remove a track light fixture?

Old 08-29-04, 11:57 PM
gf1701
Visiting Guest
How do I remove a track light fixture?

An elderly neighbor, who is legally blind and pretty much bedridden, asked me to move one of the fixtures on his track lights. The lighting system is from Juno. He tried talking me through removing the fixture in order to move it, but I wasn't sure if I understood correctly and didn't want to chance breaking it. Near the base of the fixture, I found a slidable flap with arrows inscribed on it. I could slide the flap down about a quarter of an inch, but that didn't seem to release it. My neighbor thought I needed to pull that flap down and then turn the fixture, but he wasn't sure. Gentle pressure in the direction of the arrows (or any other direction) didn't move it, and I didn't want to try forcing it. Can someone instruct me on how to proceed? Thanks.

Old 09-02-04, 07:33 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 105 Votes on 91 Posts
The tab with the arrow is a lock. Slide the tab downward and twist the head about a quarter of a turn. The head should release.

Old 09-03-04, 01:15 AM
gf1701
Visiting Guest
Thanks. Which direction do I turn it, though? In the direction of the arrows (clockwise), or in the opposite direction (counterclockwise)? (I wasn't sure if the arrows indicated the direction to lock the fixture in place at installation, or the direction for removal.)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: