replacing ceiling fan w/ ceiling light... somewhat different

Old 09-07-04, 01:23 PM
randy3
Visiting Guest
replacing ceiling fan w/ ceiling light... somewhat different

hi. this is my first time posting on the forum, so i hope i've sent this correctly. my situation is similar to the other posts regarding switching a ceiling fan with ceiling light. the only difference is that the colors/combinations are different. in the box i have a white wire, a black wire, ground, and one black and one white that are twisted together. the light fixture i want to install only has ground, white, and black. what do i do with the black/white wires from the box that are twisted?

Old 09-07-04, 01:36 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
So you are removing a ceiling fan with (or without?) a light, and replacing it with a light alone, right?

Did you happen to record how the ceiling fan was connected? No, I suppose not. Nobody ever does.

By "twisted", I assume you mean electrically connected with a wire nut. Leave these wires connected to each other, and do not connect your new light to them at all.

So simply connect your new light to the remaining black, white and bare wires, matching colors.

If you want to understand why it is the way it is, post back after you're all done and I'll explain it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: