Westek Model:TR60 Transformers

Old 10-15-04, 12:41 PM
rayolbrich
Visiting Guest
Westek Model:TR60 Transformers

I went to my local DoItYourself store and purchased 3 of the above mentioned transformers. Only one of the three were good. I returned the two bad ones and they were reordered. The two that came in were also bad.

When I went back today to pick up the ones ordered, I was told that they would not reorder and I would be given my money back.

Is it possible that there are bad ones in the warehouse?

I have eight (8) of the round, hockey puck size, 20-watt halogen lights under the kitchen cabinets. What size transformer can I use to operate all eight lights?

How can I cantact the warehouse about this problem?

Thank You

Old 10-18-04, 02:10 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
It's very possible...

that all of the transformers were bad.

I have eight (8) of the round, hockey puck size, 20-watt halogen lights under the kitchen cabinets. What size transformer can I use to operate all eight lights?

I am assuming that these are 12 volt lights, you would need a 12V, 160 Watt transformer. (8 lights at 20 watts each). This works out to about 12 volts at 14 amps (on the load or secondary side of the transformer, not the line or input side). I wasn't able to find a transformer this large though. I think that you'll have to use your good transformer plus two more. Most transformers will only support three lights each, so you would need 12 volts, 60 Watt transformers. That's roughly 5 amps each. I haven't had any luck finding them though. (maybe outdoor low volatge transformers??)

How can I cantact the warehouse about this problem?

I wasn't able to find the manufacturer on-line. I would check your paperwork for any contact information.

Good Luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: