Ceiling fan switch to change air flow direction???

Old 11-28-04, 01:53 PM
Angiescrazyhome
Visiting Guest
Question Ceiling fan switch to change air flow direction???

Can anyone tell me which direction is for circulating the hot air
down? I mean do I push the switch to the up or down position?

Old 11-28-04, 03:53 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Just operate the switch until..

when standing under the fan, you feel the breeze coming down on you. This should be the position you want. Also, please don't operate the switch with the fan running or blades turning, the motor doesn't like it very much. In my limited experience, manufacturer's don't have a standard for the switch's operation.

Hope this helps!

Old 11-28-04, 04:32 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Whether you want the fan to blow up or down in winter or summer is a function of many factors, such as the size of the fan, the size of the room, the shape of the room, the height of the ceiling, where you sit, and last but certainly not least, personal preference.

The "normal" advice is to have it blow down in the summer (so you can feel the breeze and be cooled by it), and up in the winter (so that the air tends to go down along the walls and you don't feel it). Both ways of course circulate the air. However, there are many reasons you might like it differently than the "normal" advice. Try it both ways and see what you like best.

There is no standard on the direction the fan blows as a function of switch up or down. Try it both ways and see.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: