Help with Ceiling fan installation double vaulted Ceiling

Old 01-30-05, 03:29 PM
Jdegid
Visiting Guest
Help with Ceiling fan installation double vaulted Ceiling

Any suggestions on how to install a ceiling fan on a double vaulted ceiling???

I want the fan located directly above my bed. The ceiling is double vaulted with the center of room at the peak. Looks like this ---> ^

I bought a downrod thats not the problem the problem is the fan mounting plate and base cover not close enough to the ceiling without looking weird ( 1/2" to 3/4" gap)

Help!!!

John

Old 01-30-05, 03:39 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Ceiling fans can be installed on sloped ceilings of various slopes. Each fan's installation instructions will tell you the maximum degree of slope that it can be mounted on. If the fan you have can't be installed on the slope you have, you might investigate other fans.

You didn't say so directly, but I might infer that you are mounting the fan at the peak of the ceiling, right in the "V". If so, they make various kinds of adaptors that fit in the "V" shape of the ceiling and provide a flat surface to which to mount your fan. Or if you prefer, you can build a similar platform yourself. Just remove a bit of drywall and attach some additional framing to the existing framing. Then you might need a few small pieces of drywall to cover the new framing. If you've never done drywalling before, this might be a good small project to learn on.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: