undercabinet lighting install??

Old 02-10-05, 07:12 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
undercabinet lighting install??

i recently remodeled my kitchen. i had the electrician run low voltage wiring from under the sink to just under the cabinets at two places, one on each side of the kitchen. i have the transformer and lights. what i'm confused about is how to wire the lights. i had though that the lights were connected in a "daisy chain" fashion. that does not seem the case as each light has only one set of wires to it, and nowhere to connect another set of wires to continue the chain... i only have about 8 inches of wiring coming out of the wall, and about 5 feet of cabinet to light up. each light has about 4 feet of wiring with it. do i need some sort of a junction box where all the light wiring meets? i'm confused.. a picture would help greatly...

thanks,
mitch.

Old 02-11-05, 06:39 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Daisy chaining does not mean that the fixture provides two sets of connections. It means that the input wires (the power source), the output wires (to the next fixture), and the fixture wires all connect together. Low voltage connections are better done in an electrical box, but the box is not required.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: