fan blade stopped turning

Old 02-17-05, 08:04 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
fan blade stopped turning

my wife wanted me to paint our range hood a copper color,since there is none to be found on the market. so i took our white one out and proceeded to clean it with a bleach spray completely through and through and i forgot to cover the little motor .the fan blade stop turning. is there any thing i can do to save the motor or get the blade going again. since buying a new range hood wont solve the problem anyway.

Old 02-18-05, 08:58 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
hmmm....Well even if you sprayed the motor..if you let it set and dry totally before plugging it back in to the unit ( I will assume you did reconnect the power to the fan ) it should still work...but bleach can be corrosive to metal and so on inside the fan motor....but should not have caused that this soon...

If you hooked it back up while still wet...you might have caused the motor to go bad.....you CAN replace the fan motors in those things......take it back out again and run it to an appliance repair shop and they should be able to assist you....

But again I know this is obvious but make sure you reconnected the electricity to the fan motor.......

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: